PNG Worldwide is a International Freight Forwarder offering highly personalized logistics service. Every shipment we handle is managed by an experienced logistics service expert who places the accent on the customer and looks out for customer’s best interests. Where some forwarding companies are essentially automated web-based systems, we are just the opposite. Our core philosophy is that there is no substitute for expert human decision making and industry experience, especially when it comes to your shipping needs. Sure, we use the latest technologies, but we don’t let technology do all of the work.
JOB SUMMARY AND MISSION
Oversees all aspects of accounts relating to the international transportation of goods and the maintenance of the client’s needs. Work with clients to establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent their export/import process. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Arranges shipments by examining destination, route, rate, delivery time; dispatches to carriers.
- Verifies merchandise shipped by matching bills of lading; reconciling quantities; noting discrepancies.
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notices, shipment date and method, and current status; answering questions.
- Benchmark freight rates.
- Negotiate rate structures, including consolidation lanes, capacity, and customer programs. Present finding to Management.
- Collect and analyze service issue and carrier quality information and develop clear and concise reports.
- Freight forwarding functions such as booking, issuing Delivery Orders, etc
- Checking and confirming order status on pick-up and deliveries.
- Analyze freight bills for customer specific required information.
- Track and log information in the system.
- Coordinate & expedite requests, time-specific pickups and deliveries and other special requests.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Team oriented
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including full medical and dental insurance coverage, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, 401K with company match, profit sharing & the opportunity to prosper in a growing company.
PNG Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
PNG Worldwide is a SMOKE FREE environment.